CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1990 k5

Overview

I've had this for awhile. I bought it completely stock with a driver side drop shifter fork in it and different gear ratios front/rear.
f47be886.jpg

Sourced some 4" fronts and ordered a DIY shackle flip. I didn't like the way that it rubbed on the tank so i trimmed them a little bit
f2f4a7ad.jpg

d2c7082e.jpg

The only pic I have of the lift going in.
I got some 3/4 ton axles and through them and ran it. It hated 373s and 36" tires. I bought a winch. Found a bumper that needed some modifying. Moved up to tons and crossover. I have a balastic fab arm with a 5" drop dodge pitman. I believe the pitman may be shorter then the norm because with the draglink in the outer hole I can't get much for turning radius. Might have to mess with that. I plan on a SYE on the 241 and some sort of a high angle shaft for the rear. The fronts ok, but I had to shim my pinion down due to vibration out back. I should've bought bigger tires, but I'm impressed with the road manners of the 36x13.5 irocs. They are real soft, but surprisingly quiet and stable. Ill also be doing discs in the rear because the drums are shot.

Full specs- Dana 60/14bff 4.56s welded rear open front
Front lift-unknown 4" springs 1" zero rate
Rear lift-DIY shackle flip w/6" shackles 1" zero rate 6 degree shims
Tbi350-700r4-241
Ballistic fab springless crossover arm

44 out-60 in
0bbd16a0.jpg

3fdfae57.jpg

d771138f.jpg

7d2473b2.jpg

Took it on a short run this weekend. The blazer did awesome except a broken shock bolt, and one time exiting the swamp I was a little heavy on the throttle and the center console made contact with the roof after it ripped it's mounting screws out. No pics of that but we might have had 1 tire on the ground.

42b12f8c.jpg

41f97e18.jpg

59fa3d6c.jpg

plyr.jpg

More from plyr2k

plyr2k
Views
Reaction score
This is my condensed build thread. I just copy/pasted/edited from my local forum. DIY SAS kit. DIY shackle flip. WFO pitman. Dana 60/14bolt with 4.56's I will run the 36" irocs for now. PSD 241 with VSS and 32 spline input. Rig is a 1995 2500 burb. TBI 350/4l80e. No oxy+torsion bars= the suck. 7 bolts hold on EACH front spring hangar. IFS parts. Got one spring. Working on the other side. I have to cut more of the Y pipe for the new hangar to clear. Frame is as cleaned up as...

Item information

Added by
plyr2k
Views
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom