Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1991 Chevy Crew Cab "R" / "V" Conversion

• I have been a lurker here for a while and finally made enough progress with my project to start a build thread. Truck started out a 1991 Chevy R3500 Crew Cab with a TBI350 and a 4l80e trans. This truck is not going to be a "trail rig", it may see some trails but im not building it for flex etc. The end goals are a Cummins swap with a NV4500 & NP205 with 37-40" tires that can still pull a trailer when needed.

Nov. 2008ish - When i brought it home
    [​IMG]

Dec. 2008ish - Then i cleaned out the cab and installed some 33X12.5X16.5 tires, installed seats from a 2004 Extended cab Chevy and removed the ugly grill guard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Found some 37X12.5X16.5 Military Good Years GSA and thought "Why Not" - Feb. 2009ish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sept. 2009ish - Swapped in a Reman 350 with Serp pulley setup
    [​IMG]

Oct. 2012ish - It sat that way for a while until I finally got the rear seatbelts installed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

July 2013ish - Started getting parts together for the 4wd swap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Installed some 64" rear springs
    [​IMG]

Sept. 2013 - Started moving brackets and installing my stock Superduty leaf springs up front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jan. 2014 -Pulled the drivetrain from the 2wd and set it in the 4wd frame then swapped the cab and cut up the 2wd frame.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And that brings it up to date, currently looking for a 4wd NV4500 so i can swap it in along with my NP205 and make it a real 4wd. Thanks for looking.

mc.jpg