CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

'82 K5 Blazer aka Death Trap Dixie

Overview

In 2014 I decided I wanted a full size Chevy truck with a V8 and 4x4, preferably tax free*, as a rolling project. I was choosing between Squarebody and OBS and somehow my friend convinced me to get a OBS and I ended up with a bright blue metallic 1997 K1500HD ecsb with all the bells and whistles. That truck served me well for a few years but eventually got parked, but I still own it today.
(* We don't pay road taxes for vehicles 30 years or older in Sweden.)

My love for the Squarebody never died tho... early 2020, right around the time the world took a tumble, the Squarebody bug came back and bit me again. This time it wasn't a K10 truck but a K5 Blazer that was on my wishlist, 81-91 to be specific. I spent the next 2 years hunting for one that met my requirements and I finally found it. A phone call, a train ticket and 3.5 hours later I was looking right at it. It didn't look as good as it did in the photos (they never do) but it had passed inspections just a month before so we talked a little and agreed on a price, then I started my 5 hour drive home in my new-to-me death trap.

So here it is, my very own 1982 Chevy K5 Blazer 4x4! Unfortunately I don't know much about it, according to the title it was originally "lightblue" but I don't know if it had grey interior originally. The RPO sticky in the glovebox is not the right one.
The only thing I didn't get of my wishlist was the engine, I wanted a V8 Gasser, this one is a V8 diesel. It's loud, obnoxious, smelly, leaky and rattling like hell but I love it! I call her Dixie because the PO glued a confederate flag to the roof as a headliner...
IMG001.jpg

IMG002.jpg

IMG003.jpg

IMG004.jpg

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
K5 Blazer
Trim Level
Silverado
Interior
Grey
Factory Options
Power windows, power locks, tilt steering, AC
Engine
6.2L Detroit Diesel V8
Transmission
Re-enforce 700R4
Transfer Case
Yes
Steering
Tilt steering, newer steering wheel (?)
Suspension
Stock
Axles
Stock with manual locking hubs
Paint
Originally I think it was bright blue (title says "Light blue"), now satin black

Item information

Added by
vaporlock
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom