83/09 4bt K5 (BB2016)

• I've read just about every build thread on here and decided to put up some pictures of my blazer.

Bought it from my grandpa 4 years ago when I was 15 with a snowplow on the front and sold the plow for what I paid for the blazer. I don't have any pictures of it stock when I got it, had a 6.2 700r4/208 and half ton axles. Put a 6 inch lift and 36 inch military tires on it and wheeled it like that for quite a while.

[​IMG]

After breaking the 44 a couple times I found a set of Dana 60s on craigslist for $700 for the pair. Put them under and wheeled it that way for a while, the 4.10 gears made a big difference from the 3.08s that were in it:woot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost rolled it quite a few times, the last picture being at about 3 A.M. and 4 miles from my shop. Luckily I had just put a locker in the front so it would climb right out of the hole, unluckily I had taken the front driveshaft. so we had a 8 mile walk that night.

The diesel did pretty good on fuel and was nice for climbing, but didn't have a whole lot of power:dunno:

[​IMG]

So it got taken out and sold to a friend of mine.

[​IMG]

Built one of the big blocks we had laying around, nothing special, 4 bolt main, cast crank, RV cam and peanut port heads. To replace the 700r4/208 I swapped in a th400/205 that one of my dad's friend had given me for free.

I drove it maybe 6 or 7 blocks the night I got it done and then pulled it back into the shop for the night.

We had a grill out of an 09 Silverado I thought would look pretty cool in it so I set it in to see what it would look like and my dad said sarcastically "you might as well put the headlights in too" so I got out the sawzall.

[​IMG]
    And this is about how it sits as of now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The seats out of the same pickup are also in it now, they fit great, will have to get some more pictures when I go home for thanksgiving break. Hoping to get the front end all done and the truck painted flat black over break also.

6.5.jpg