CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

84 suburban, the land yacht

Overview

So I picked this burb up last year freshened it up got it running good and drove it. Motor and tranny run great as of now compression is good, I may upgrade later down the road but as of now it works so recently I decided to start cutting the rust out and replacing it. Once I finish up with replacing all the rusted areas I plan on getting the body work done( to the best of my ability, haven't done a alot of body work) then paint it. From there I'll start working on changing out the front and rear to probobly a 12 bolt front and 60 rear, and regear or better yet buy with the gearing I need already installed. Change out front and back bumper eventually not sure what I want I'll mess around with mocking up a template until I come up with something I like.

End result is something that I can take the kids out camping in, and I can drive the three hours out to the coast here a few times a year and surf fish.
I've never done a build thread on any of the trucks I've had, figured this one would be a good start. It'll be nice to look back and see where it started. I will try to keep this thing on a straight track but I am awful for that, I'll get on a left field tangent in a second. For instance one night last week the plan was to cut out the rear wheel wells, next thing I know I've pulled the dash out and working on refinishing it...well anyways here is where I am at up to this point I'll try to be sure to keep this updated regularly.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
Suburban k10
Trim Level
Silverado
Factory Options
Rear ac!
Engine
350 4 bolt roller motor
Transmission
Th400
Transfer Case
Suspension
6" lift easy ride front springs, add a leaf and block in rear 52", changing rears to 4" 56s and ord shackles here soon
Axles
10 and 12 bolt, soon to be scrapped

Item information

Added by
beerguy
Views
Last update

More in Suburban

Top Bottom