CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

85 k5

Temporary build

Overview

So in my dealings I ended up with an 85 k5 that is unsmogable in California but has a clean body/frame.
It already has a 4" lift and 35" tires.
Axles are geared insanely tall at 2.73:1
At this point I sold the engine and used the transmission as a core.
I am going to build my suburban with a bbc and I can use the 89 5.7tbi and 700r4 that is in it now in this k5.
The plan, if I proceed with it, is to make it running, take it to moab and have fun in it then come back here and sell it to help fund the suburban build.
It will get a new tag after a referee checks it and it will be an 89 level smog.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
K5 blazer
Interior
Tan
Paint
Black

More from imiceman44

Offroad Black beauty
My camping, family trip truck
Daily Driver My family trip ride
1996 Chevy suburban 4x4
Just a place holder here it will be a while before I start. It's all in pieces.
imiceman44
Views
So I have had this suburban for many years, I want to say 15 years. Bought it not running, supposedly bad ip, tried to mess with the timing see if it wanted to start, changed glow plugs, checked compression and it was ok, even in all cylinders, then someone from upstate new York bought it sight unseen and was sure he could get it started and drive it home from California. He flew in with his wife spent all day, could not get anywhere, so I offered to take it back. A few years later I...
Offroad White Phoenix
imiceman44
Views
Building for Rubicon

Item information

Added by
imiceman44
Views
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom