CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

86 Burb 'The Strugglebus' (Pic heft)

Overview

Hey guys, so I've been daily driving this burban I scored off craigslist for about a year and a half. I have some plans to turn it into an overland rig that I can essentially be self sufficient from(minus fuel and food of course).
Here is when I bought it:
kWUeelQ.jpg

After multiple tire failures and some fun poked by friends, the strugglebus label was officially applied.
1UrAgWv.jpg

I began with the interior, fully striped and painted in 3 days.
dVjaQLp.jpg

5cYc2KU.jpg

Apparently, with all of the foam and vinyl removed, the factory dash actually is pretty cool!
hplJmkD.jpg

TUf006B.jpg

Then began work on the exterior. Being from Arizona, the rust was limited to the two Ohio winters she experienced. But her previous life left her ding and scratch ridden. Here's a rough view of the bodywork/prime/paint process.
1Bv1nwj.jpg

v4q23WP.jpg

RKZpvaY.jpg

WvZfeCf.jpg

ZxJLdx9.jpg

4IfGOZb.jpg

IGCC74Y.jpg

A little emblem spruce up.
OAwRgNI.jpg

On the road as I moved to Georgia. Added a roofrack from an old twin bunk bed frame. Sis's '75 van in the back drop.
TML1Vf8.jpg

The future holds a fresh 3" lift and bumpers, drawer system, lighting and solar, RTT/awning, fridge, onboard air and of course some other goodies.

captain.jpg

More from Captain Morgan

Hey guys, I've had this 79 burb for a while, pretty worn out and rusty but it had a 6 inch lift and 35's so I loved it. I fixed it up enough to drive it and it had a nice rod knock. I drove it for the summer and decided it was time to do a rebuild. I got a good deal on a 400 small block on craigslist and built it up into a nice 427. The body was pretty far gone so I found a nice southern kept 87 burb on craigslist and drove it home. I plan on taking the body off the 87 and putting it on the...

Item information

Added by
Captain Morgan
Views
Last update

More in Suburban

Top Bottom