CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

86 K30 - Sarge - strong box doubler and triple stick shifter

Overview

So as if I need another project here I am again :doah: :D

Back story of how I got here ;
I sold my 00 Cummins that was my DD, work, towrig, plow , do it all truck and bought a 2011 Cummins :woot: , which I love, however, I have become spoiled from having the plow when it snows. I dont plow comercially, just my house and a few others (mostly family). I looked into putting it on the new ride, but at just under $1000 for the mount, and the possibility of sliding the brand new crew cab into a bush or something stupid I decided against it. So I thought to myself........"I bet I could find a K5 for a lot less then the price of a mount, and put my plow on it :thinking:".................. then I came across a 88K5, with an older Meyer 7.5' plow rig a TBI 350, 465 trans, 208 and a blown 10 bolt rear, for less then the price of the new mount :D I went and looked at it, it ran, the plow worked, and it even had one of the old "SKYLER" style soft tops that came with it. So I gave a deposit with plans to pick it up on Sat (this was on a thursday), I got home and listed MY plow setup on CL that night. I ended up selling my rig the next day for almost TWICE what I bought the K5 for :woot:.

So here is the new K5 , it will be used to push some snow in the winter and camping and wheeling in the summer. It will not be a resto build, or a pretty truck. Dents and scratches are fine, and cheap will be the goal when modding. It will get lifted, fenders will be cut to fit when I find tires, and the 10 bolts will need to go .

this was when I looked at it
k5.jpg

I have no idea what is supposed to be painted on the blade :dunno:
k51.jpg

the old "Dented Dodge" , was a great truck, 332,000 miles :bow::bow::bow: (already had taken the plow mount off)

d1-1.jpg

and the new ride
b1.jpg

and what was on the trailer , that I found at a local auto wrecker.............:D:D:D
1.jpg

couldnt believe my eyes when I spotted a miltary truck in a bone yard with the front axle still there :eek1:, and when the guy told me $250 , and they would even remove it, well............sold :D

So thats where this adventure begins, I have a line on a 14 for the rear, and I already have a wheeling /camping trip on the books at Rausch Creek this spring. Im going to fix the 10 bolt for right now (just needs spiders) then when I have some parts accumulated swap in the rears and lift it.
jt.jpg

More from jt512

jt512
Views
So......a few of you guys have liked the pics I've posted and asked about a build thread :D Quick backstory :D My Dad has owned this rig for some time now, 10-12 years maybe, and has never driven it, in it's somewhat current form it is actually 2 different wagons. A good friend of his, Jim, left him a 1962 when he passed away, it was completely original with only 8500 miles on the ticker. Unfortunately it had spent it's life pushing snow and then 25+years sitting in a field next to a shed...
jt512
Views
Well I guess since everyone else has a build thread I might as well too. :D I have owned K5's for the last 18 years on and off (my 2nd car was an 83) and they are by far my favorite vehicle of all time. Last fall I decided I wanted to build another one and this time do it right , the way I always wanted to. I am pretty much doing this one by myself and from the ground up, I keep finding myself saying "if I'm going to do that, I might as well do this too." I have a 2 1/2 year old son...

Item information

Added by
jt512
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom