Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

86 K30 - Sarge - strong box doubler and triple stick shifter

• So as if I need another project here I am again :doah: :D

Back story of how I got here ;
    I sold my 00 Cummins that was my DD, work, towrig, plow , do it all truck and bought a 2011 Cummins :woot: , which I love, however, I have become spoiled from having the plow when it snows. I dont plow comercially, just my house and a few others (mostly family). I looked into putting it on the new ride, but at just under $1000 for the mount, and the possibility of sliding the brand new crew cab into a bush or something stupid I decided against it. So I thought to myself........"I bet I could find a K5 for a lot less then the price of a mount, and put my plow on it :thinking:".................. then I came across a 88K5, with an older Meyer 7.5' plow rig a TBI 350, 465 trans, 208 and a blown 10 bolt rear, for less then the price of the new mount :D I went and looked at it, it ran, the plow worked, and it even had one of the old "SKYLER" style soft tops that came with it. So I gave a deposit with plans to pick it up on Sat (this was on a thursday), I got home and listed MY plow setup on CL that night. I ended up selling my rig the next day for almost TWICE what I bought the K5 for :woot:.

So here is the new K5 , it will be used to push some snow in the winter and camping and wheeling in the summer. It will not be a resto build, or a pretty truck. Dents and scratches are fine, and cheap will be the goal when modding. It will get lifted, fenders will be cut to fit when I find tires, and the 10 bolts will need to go .

this was when I looked at it
    [​IMG]

I have no idea what is supposed to be painted on the blade :dunno:
    [​IMG]

the old "Dented Dodge" , was a great truck, 332,000 miles :bow::bow::bow: (already had taken the plow mount off)

[​IMG]

and the new ride
    [​IMG]

and what was on the trailer , that I found at a local auto wrecker.............:D:D:D[​IMG]

couldnt believe my eyes when I spotted a miltary truck in a bone yard with the front axle still there :eek1:, and when the guy told me $250 , and they would even remove it, well............sold :D

So thats where this adventure begins, I have a line on a 14 for the rear, and I already have a wheeling /camping trip on the books at Rausch Creek this spring. Im going to fix the 10 bolt for right now (just needs spiders) then when I have some parts accumulated swap in the rears and lift it.
    jt.jpg