CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

'87 S10 on K5 frame. 44's/tons/LSswap.

1987 S10 on 1985 K5 Blazer frame. 44 TSL's and 52/64 spring swap. Tons and 5.13 gears. Full hydro. 5.3 ls swap.

Overview

This was my high school truck that my dad and I built and I drove my senior year. The truck has seen its fair share of abuse. After high school I stripped it of its good parts for my Jimmy build, and it sat for a bit. My dad decided he was going to resurrect it and join my brother and I on the trail. 4 years ago we decided we were going to dive in and start what we thought was a decent winter build.

The goal was to get it running and driving then start working out bugs and finishing the build.

Well, we worked a long weekend over thanksgiving and lost all momentum.....

Then my dad and brother started their own lawn and landscape business and this project got put way back on the priority list.

So now that my dad is sick of riding shotgun on the trails, he has decided to let my buddy and I dive in. My dad is paying my buddy to do a lot of the work, but there is too much sentimental value in this truck for me not to help with it.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevy
Model
S10 body K5 frame
Trim Level
Yes, trimming lol
Interior
Racing buckets and anything race related.
Engine
LS5.3 with a tune and headers
Transmission
Stock TH400 with reverse manual valve body
Transfer Case
Stock 205
Steering
PSC full hydro
Suspension
52/64 springs Bilstien shocks. Anti-wrap bar.
Axles
60/14 locked with 5.13 gears
Wheels
15" MRW beadlocks
Tires
44" TSL's
Paint
Bed liner urban camo
Jazz fuel cell and bed mounted radiator/e-fans

More from GWeakland620

GWeakland620
Views
Reaction score
Restomod build for a late friend
Mild restoration build to use as a truck should be used.
The ultimate goal for this truck is tow duty/family camping trips/small offroad adventures.

Item information

Added by
GWeakland620
Views
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom