CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

88 Blazer "Red Rover"

1988 Blazer

Overview

This just came home this weekend, 110 miles no problems, hit 70 mph at times, with a bit of wandering but very driveable. Previous owner has put on 2.5" lift springs in the front, block in the rear and reduced the body lift to 1.5". 33x12.50 ProComp Xtreme A/T tires that look brand new and a Softopper that is in great shape, clear windows and no no leaks even after 2 hours of rainy ride home. Rear tailgate is from 86 pickup I believe and I have the blazer tailgate as well (power, needs parts to rebuild) Rear axle is 6 lug 14 bolt with factory posi and the front is 10 bolt from his 1980 Blazer, both sporting 3.73 gears.

Goal is to drive this back and forth to work as my toy, 20ish miles each way and light wheeling and camping rig. First goal is to make it "pretty" so the wife hates it less, hitting Econo-Paint asap and repainting the front grille back to a nice silver. New trim on passenger side, Rally wheel center caps and beauty rings and the 'lipstick on a pig' portion of the projection will have reached its first stop.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
Blazer
Trim Level
Silverado
Interior
Burgundy
Factory Options
HVAC
Engine
Goodwrench 350
Transmission
700R4
Transfer Case
NP208
Steering
Power
Suspension
2.5" lift
Axles
10b/14b
Wheels
Rally 15x8?
Tires
33x12.5
Paint
Red

More from SHINTON

SHINTON
Views
Once upon a time a young man in grad school decided to buy a K5 Blazer and being in the mid 1990s, he was able to buy a 1972 GMC Jimmy in reasonably good shape for about $4000 or so. He started driving it around town, and occasional off-road trips and even on the very first date with the young lady who became his wife! (I still think the 72 Jimmy was what sealed the deal though she continues to tell everyone it was ugly...) A few years go by and during a fateful wheeling trip where there...

Item information

Added by
SHINTON
Views
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom