89 K5 - "Butch" Build Thread #K54FUN

• When I was growing up, I had a friend named Walter, who we all knew as Butch. He was NOT a Walter by any means. We got into trouble all the time and he was a scrapper of a kid, rough around the edges, played hockey and was by no means, a big kid. He had heart and was an all around great friend.

When I finally got my K5 Blazer (I've wanted one since the early '80s) in 2004, my three girls were into naming all the cars. I likened the Blazer to my old grade school friend, and the name stuck. "Butch" it was.

I've been thinking about documenting my build thread for some time, but I'm finally getting around to it. Here goes.... This is where it all began.

Here are some pictures of what my K5 looked at when I bought it. Pretty much stock at this point, but did have a 4 inch lift, Auburn 4:56 LS diffs and the interior had been LineX'd

Blazer with Roof.JPG

Blazer Topless.JPG

ces.jpg

To be continued...
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevrolet
    Model:
    Blazer
    Trim Level:
    Silverado
    Interior:
    Gray
    Engine:
    350 TBI w/ ORD engine cross member w/ competition mounts
    Transmission:
    700R4 (3rd build...)
    Transfer Case:
    241C w/ORD SYE
    Steering:
    DIY4X X-over w/High Steer and Hydro assist; Reid Knuckles; PSC Box & pump Kit; XJ shaft conversion
    Suspension:
    Deaver custom springs, ORD shackle flip, ORD front HD shackles, DIY4X B-52 Kit; Fox 2.0 shocks
    Axles:
    '82 Dana 60 Front w/ Eaton ELocker and Yukon chrome mollys; '03 14b FF rear with TMR 15 bolt shave w/ Yukon Grizzly locker; Power stop brakes, ORD lines and Ruffstuff Specialties D60 front disc brake conversion kit. JE Reel Drive shafts
    Wheels:
    H2 factory alums
    Tires:
    35x12.50 Milestar Patagonia
    Paint:
    Imron Grey
    Front Bumper: DIY4X.com "UD1"
    Rear Bumper: DIY4X.com "Gauntlet" with self built tire carrier/swing gate. Tire carrier components from Comp4x4.com, RuffStuffSpecialties and my imagination... :)
    Rock Sliders: DIY4X...
    SofTopper top & DIY4X Roll Cage
    Custom stuff... switch box/console with power distribution, on board air system (Viair), cooler/fridge drawer,
    Electronics/Comms: Yaesu FTM-400 (ham: K5LFE), Rugged Radios integrated intercom, Delorme InReach GPS
jpowers and SpeedlabDan like this.