89 K5 - "Butch" Build Thread

• When I was growing up, I had a friend named Walter, who we all knew as Butch. He was NOT a Walter by any means. We got into trouble all the time and he was a scrapper of a kid, rough around the edges, played hockey and was by no means, a big kid. He had heart and was an all around great friend.

When I finally got my K5 Blazer (I've wanted one since the early '80s) in 2004, my three girls were into naming all the cars. I likened the Blazer to my old grade school friend, and the name stuck. "Butch" it was.

I've been thinking about documenting my build thread for some time, but I'm finally getting around to it. Here goes.... This is where it all began.

Here are some pictures of what my K5 looked at when I bought it. Pretty much stock at this point, but did have a 4 inch lift, Auburn 4:56 LS diffs and the interior had been LineX'd

Blazer with Roof.JPG

Blazer Topless.JPG

ces.jpg

To be continued...
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevrolet
    Model:
    Blazer
    Trim Level:
    Silverado
    Interior:
    Gray
    Engine:
    350 TBI
    Transmission:
    700R4
    Transfer Case:
    241C
    Steering:
    ORD Cross Over; Reid Knuckles; PSC Box; XJ shaft conversion
    Axles:
    10 bolts - Building Dana 60 and 14b FF currently
    Wheels:
    Rallies... looking for 8 lugs
    Tires:
    35x12.50 General Grabber Red Labels
    Paint:
    Imron Grey
    Front Bumper: DIY4X.com "UD1"
    Rear Bumper: DIY4X.com "Gauntlet" with self built tire carrier/swing gate. Tire components from Comp4x4.com, RuffStuffSpecialties and my imagination... :)
    Rock Sliders: DIY4X...
    SofTopper top
jpowers and SpeedlabDan like this.