CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

90 K5 LQ4/4L80E

Simple LS swap using junkyard and second hand parts

Overview

Picked this truck up from a buddy who needed some money after buying his first house. Has a rebuilt title and a knocking engine. Also needs a little bit of body work but overall rust free considering it had spent it's entire life in Missouri and Illinois. Interior is pretty mint too aside from a couple holes drilled in the lower dash and the upper dash pad destroyed from the sun. The plans have changed quite a bit since I got it. Originally was going to put an 8.1 in it that I've had in my garage for a while. Then due to the 8.1 needing a crank, was going to slap a crank kit in the 350 and drive it while repairing the 8.1. However after a weekend of craigslisting, found a 6.0 and some 4l80e's nearby that I went and picked up. Ended up getting a 100% complete LQ4 harness, ecm, all accessories for 700. Drive 30 minutes west and bought two 2WD 4L80's and a 4WD 4L80 for 400 each. They all smell a little burnt so hopefully just some new clutches and bands and some trango kits and we will be all good.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
K5

Item information

Added by
Eric9690
Views
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy