91 K5 krip krawler

• I'm looking for some build advice. I'm now disabled and want a rig that can go deep into the backcountry for camping or wheelin down most trails. I have a small home in UT 40min from St. George. Wife and I love the outdoors but I have limited access ability and we want to be able to drive around and confidently go where ever we please.
    Currently everything is OEM on the truck and with my wife being small I don't want tires bigger than 33" maybe 35" or she may really struggle to mount and change them.
    My main fear is stuff breaking and getting stuck. Obviously I don't wheel alone but want to avoid problems. Bulletproof comes to mind when thinking about it.
    I appreciate the feedback and advice.

My basic build thoughts:
    My axle gears are 3.73 with posi trac rear. With running only 33- 35" tires I see my options as 1. keep the current gear ratio but install lockers front and rear maybe Detroit in the rear OX upfront with crossover high steering and 2-4" lift to accommodate new steering.
    2. Keep the OEM axles and regear to 4.10 and all the previous mods or
    3. Put in a 14b ff rear and Dana60 upfront with all the desired mods.

My first purchase is some new Cooper S/T Maxx tires, front receiver hitch 2" with bumper and shackles(I have a Warn winch in a cradle), wiring to run winch front & back, and some skid plates for oil pan etc.

Thanks for your time and feedback Chris
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevy
    Model:
    Blazer K5
    Trim Level:
    Silverado
    Interior:
    Original
    Engine:
    5.7l V-8