CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

a build of a different variety - SOLD

Overview

Well my daily beater '95 S10 **** the bed a few months ago and has been sitting since. My sister bought a new car so she gave me her old one so I could stay mobile. Well now with tax return cash in hand I "might as well" make something out of this S10.

I had been researching how to swap in a V8 since I bought the truck 3 years ago. Well I pulled the trigger and now I have accumulated some parts.

-GM Goodwrench crate engine used with only 10k miles on it and accessories $700
-Camaro T5 transmission, radiator, new clutch, starter $500
-Headers, and other various exhaust parts $95
-2 new tires $120
-Electric fan out of a 90s Thunderbird $20
-motor mounts $73.95
-Summit racing randoms $167

Total: $1676

With some customizing and other inginuity I don't see the budget grand total exceeding $2000

Here's how the truck started as a 1995 Chevy S10 2.2L 5speed reg cab short bed with 213K miles:

S10004.jpg

chevy305.jpg

The plan is to make this truck able to get out of its own way. This thing should be real fun when I'm done. I have more pictures but forgot the camera, so more to come!

More from Chevy305

So don't expect much out of this, just a documentary on the fixes and upgrades I do to the GAC Truck. It's a beater plow truck that is pretty rusted out but 40 years later it's still pulling it's weight around the yard. Specs: 1978 GMC K15 350/465/205/10 bolts/ 2.73s.
Chevy305
Views
Welcome to My "Official" Stepside Restoration Thread and More! I'm assembling a table of contents so navigating this long build thread can be a lot easier. But first, a little story of my truck: This truck is my first vehicle and I've had it since February of '05 before I even had my permit. When I bought it, it appeared to be in nice shape but a lot of cut corners and hacks by the POs quickly showed themselves after the winter of actually driving it. That coupled with some teen angst...

Item information

Added by
Chevy305
Views
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom