CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Barn Find 74 K20 Build

Overview

All original 74 k20 I picked up around Thanksgiving, 2018. Found the truck on Facebook Marketplace where I currently live in Eastern NC. Looked solid in the pics so I went to check it out, gambled on it having no title but the seller told me a story that seemed legit and with the shape the truck was in I couldn't pass on it, so I drug it home with a tow strap for $1500. The cab and bed are 100% solid, no rust. Only rot on the whole truck was a little in the front of the hood and bottom of passenger front fender, easy fixes. It is 100% complete and all original. Had 58xxx original miles when I got it, verified by tires from the 70's. It spent its working life on as a farm truck on a large corporate wheat farm in Eastern NC before being replaced when the farm routinely bought new trucks. One of the farm's owners hung on to it after it was replaced and stored it in a barn and used it to hunt and fish occasionally until it eventually quit running I guess and then it sat in the barn from 2004 to 2018, from what I can tell. After I got it home, the first step was to acquire a title, which did require me jumping through hoops, but I was able to get a bonded title for it and now have a clean title in my name. So my gamble paid off. I have already done a lot to the truck in the last year and still have big plans for it, and you will see it all in this thread.
IMG_5652.JPG
IMG_5653.JPG
IMG_5654.JPG

Specs

Year
Make
Chevy
Model
k20
Trim Level
Custom Deluxe
Factory Options
AC, upper body side trim
Engine
Transmission
th350
Transfer Case
np203

More from 76k5blazerr

76k5blazerr
Views
Reaction score
I picked up this 84 on Tuesday. Drove it home 85 miles. It runs decent and supposedly the trans and t case were rebuilt "recently". It's all original, dash clock and original radio still work. Plans originally were to do kind of a quick flip and sell. We will see. I'm kinda already digging the truck. First thing I'm doing is bodywork, fixing the rust and sanding her down to be painted the original navy blue color. It needs both cab corners and a driver side rear wheelhouse, passenger rear...
76k5blazerr
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Going to document the build of my 72 c10 here. I have owned the truck for a year now and it has been good. Have only had one problem which was a rusty fuel tank. After that its been dead reliable. Its got the original 350, was rebuilt 5000 miles ago, runs great. Problem is, it has a 2.73 rear gear so its a dog. I have wanted to build something 2wd and fast for awhile now, part of why I got the truck. I want to eventually have a nice hot rod that I can cruise around town in and do burnouts...
76k5blazerr
Views
Reaction score
I figure its time for me to start a build thread for my Jimmy, before I start forgetting what I have done to it. I have owned the truck since October. I have had 5 or 6 k5's over the past 4 years and since buying my first one I have wanted an 87-91 truck. So I have been buying/selling and trading for the past few years and in October traded my Jeep YJ for this 89 Jimmy with 222k all original miles. I drove it home about 2 hours when I got it, with cold AC! I basically got it from the...

Item information

Added by
76k5blazerr
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom