Bertha the Daily Driver/Weekend camper, 1991 V2500 GMC

Tags:
  • I had been wanting a 3/4 ton sub for a while now that I had a K5 and had owned a single cab. I figured the ample cargo space and 4 doors would come in handy as a near stock daily driver/weekend camper. Well long story short a friend of mine happened to post this 1991 V2500 GMC Sub from Idaho that I figured he was never going to sell as I knew he loved it. So a quick text and 1 weekend later and I had made a very big impulse decision. He assured me it ran and drove great so I hopped in and followed my dad the 75 miles home in it without a hiccup.

This vehicle is the newest I have owned for a few years and the fact that it came in the yard under its own power is another achievement of itself. At least that is what I keep telling people.

Plans for this include:
    - Clean up the interior i.e. dash pad, headliner, shampoo the carpets, fix the broken gauge bezel
    - new rims and tires
    - rear locker
    - All new fluids
    - Tune up (cap, rotor, plugs, wires)
    - Window motors
    - New windshield
    - All new body seals and window seals/scrapers
    - LS swap later on

The point of this vehicle is to stay at or near stock height with a reliable drivetrain and nice enough inside that people do not mind riding with me. This is because my K5 is a little harder for people to swallow no matter how much I love it...

Let me know what you guys think!
  • Year:
    Make:
    GMC
    Model:
    V2500
    Trim Level:
    SLE
    Interior:
    Factory vintage red
    Factory Options:
    PW, PL, Rear ABS, Cruise, Tilt, AC front and rear, front and rear heat, factory 3rd row, and front quad shocks
    Engine:
    TBI 350
    Transmission:
    4l80e
    Transfer Case:
    Np241c
    Steering:
    Stock
    Suspension:
    Stock
    Axles:
    10 bolt front, 14 bolt sf rear