CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Bertha the Daily Driver/Weekend camper, 1991 V2500 GMC

Follow along as I continue to modify/improve my 1991 v2500 GMC Sub with a L96 and factory 4l80e for daily driver/weekend duties.

Overview

I had been wanting a 3/4 ton sub for a while now that I had a K5 and had owned a single cab. I figured the ample cargo space and 4 doors would come in handy as a near stock daily driver/weekend camper. Well long story short a friend of mine happened to post this 1991 V2500 GMC Sub from Idaho that I figured he was never going to sell as I knew he loved it. So a quick text and 1 weekend later and I had made a very big impulse decision. He assured me it ran and drove great so I hopped in and followed my dad the 75 miles home in it without a hiccup.

This vehicle is the newest I have owned for a few years and the fact that it came in the yard under its own power is another achievement of itself. At least that is what I keep telling people.

Plans for this include:
- Clean up the interior i.e. dash pad, headliner, shampoo the carpets, fix the broken gauge bezel
- new rims and tires
- rear locker
- All new fluids
- Tune up (cap, rotor, plugs, wires)
- Window motors
- New windshield
- All new body seals and window seals/scrapers
- LS swap later on

The point of this vehicle is to stay at or near stock height with a reliable drivetrain and nice enough inside that people do not mind riding with me. This is because my K5 is a little harder for people to swallow no matter how much I love it...

Let me know what you guys think!

Specs

Year
Make
GMC
Model
V2500
Trim Level
SLE
Interior
Factory vintage red
Factory Options
PW, PL, Rear ABS, Cruise, Tilt, AC front and rear, front and rear heat, factory 3rd row, and front quad shocks
Engine
TBI 350
Transmission
4l80e
Transfer Case
Np241c
Steering
Stock
Suspension
Stock
Axles
10 bolt front, 14 bolt sf rear
Wheels
Stock 16s
Tires
235/85r16 mismatched tires
Paint
Factory white but it has been repainted at some point

More from CriticalAction

Follow my build up of my 86 K5 for daily driver, crawler, adventurer, camper, and eye candy.

Item information

Added by
CriticalAction
Views
Last update

More in Suburban

Top Bottom