CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Best Friends 1996 V6 Camaro

Mild Restoration/Refresh

Overview

Some of you may remember, back in December my best friend of 20 years died.

Story Here: https://ck5.com/forums/threads/major-downer-inside-you-have-been-warned.341947/

Well, I am still very good friends with his brother, and his wife (of course). We reached an agreement so I can bring his car back home with me to "freshen it up". Fix any mechanical issues, get the paint fixed, and anything else it needs to be a reliable driver for his 15 year old son.

This will be an emotional build for me to be sure. I'm not going to do anything crazy like motor transplants or turbos. I want it to be exactly as Patrick drove it when he was 16. This is actually the car that I learned how to drive a manual transmission, back when we would go to Missouri for the summers.

Dark red/maroon color V6 manual Camaro. Nothing super special about it other than sentimental value. He bought it new when he was 16.

More to come, stay tuned...

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
Camaro
Trim Level
Standard RS
Interior
Tan Cloth
Factory Options
None, except the CD player.
Engine
3.8L V6
Transmission
5 speed manual
Reactions: fourwheelerjeff

More from Chevy350Ben

Chevy350Ben
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Aptly named because this project is taking all the time and money that should be spent with my family, LOL! The plan for this truck is going to be an adequate trail rig thats still nice enough, and comfortable enough for my family to enjoy with me.

Item information

Added by
Chevy350Ben
Views
Last update

More in Other

Top Bottom