Restoration Big Red

1980 K30 4 speed

Overview

My parents bought this truck in the early 90s with a side in camper and owned it for close to 10 years. They traded it to my uncle for an "economy" car. He lived in the camper for a number of years and bounced around to a few different places. He stayed in Montana for an extended period of time and eventually came back to Washington.
He'd pretty much just been storing it since coming back to the state.

For the last 5 years or so I had been trying to buy it off of him. At the beginning of last year he drove it up to our place so we could start fixing it up. Unfortunately life doesn't always go as planned and he sadly passed away right before Thanks Giving. He was a very compassionate person and always made an effort to help support those in need. I ultimately want to restore this truck with a special thanks to his memory.

Our plate is very full at the moment with our house renovation and I don't have the available space to really tear it down. This will be a slow going project but I very much look forward to getting it started.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevy
Model
K30
Trim Level
Custom
Interior
Tan
Engine
Transmission
SM465
Transfer Case
NP205
Steering
Stock
Suspension
Bastard pack?
Axles
Dana 60 front, Corp 14 bolt rear
Wheels
Unsure
Tires
Dry rotten
Paint
Originally brown, repainted red in the 90s but it really wants to be brown again..
Reactions: 86454K30

More from Lolz_cats

1984 k30 single cab dually work truck

Item information

Added by
Lolz_cats
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom