Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Camping Trailer Build

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  • I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I'm starting an overland style camping trailer build. I know there's a tow and trailer forum, but that seems to be more geared towards car haulers and stuff meant for the road, so this seemed more appropriate since it's built for off-road use primarily.

This will be my 3rd trailer. I've learned a lot from the other two and I'm hoping this one will be everything I want it to be. The first trailer I built was designed to tow behind my old Blazer, it was big and heavy and not incredibly user friendly:
    [​IMG]

It had a 200qt Ice chest in the back, 4 Nato cans, a 29 gallon water tank and a faucet with pump.

The second trailer was more of a test bed for some ideas I had. It incorporated an old S-10 truck bed and a rooftop tent. It was much lighter, but top-heavy and it didn't have any cool features outside of the tent.

[​IMG]

But a top heavy trailer with bald tires and off camber hills doesn't always work out.
    [​IMG]

r3.jpg

Recent Build Reviews

1. CK5
    5/5,
    "Trailer build"
    Excellent trailer build.