CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

Cwn_Anwyn's 87 Dodge Raider DD build

Overview

So this is what has been keeping me from working on the Blazer like I should be.:doah:

I picked up an 87 dodge Raider (actually a Mitsubishi Montero sold by Dodge) a few years ago to use as a daily driver cause the Blazer was killing me on gas mileage and it needed a break from DD duties. These are fairly capable little rigs but they have a sucky aftermarket support. No one makes anything for them. Stock it came with 4.625 gears (some had 4.88ish gears as a high altitude option). Mine came with a factory Limited slip in the back. They also have a boxed frame from the factory. Mine had the sluggish stock 2.6L 4 cylinder but you could get them with a V6 3.0 also. Here is what mine looked like stock.

1stock87raider2.jpg
(I lost some pics so I had to find an image online that was close to my stock Raider)

cwn.jpg

Specs

Year
Make
Dodge
Model
Raider
Interior
Stripped stock interior, lined the floor. Monty bouncy seats up front.
Factory Options
LSD rear diff, LSD front diff (V6). 4.63 gears
Engine
2.6L Turbo motor
Transmission
stock automatic
Transfer Case
stock transfer case
Suspension
cranked torsion bars up front, 2" lift shackles in the back. Roughly 2"s overall lift.
Tires
33"s

More from cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn
Views
I guess I'll document the changes and work done on my Blazer, or Lack of Work done to it if I go by how long I've had this thing! I've had this K5 since probably 94 or so. I got it right around when I joined the Army. PCS'd with it up to WA state where I blew up the 305 in it and replaced it with a decent 350. Then it sat for a few years while we lived in Japan. Here is a pic of it right after we got back and I had knocked off most of the moss and cleaned it up some. I ended up...

Item information

Added by
cwn anwyn
Views
Last update

More in Other

Top Bottom