Dismiss Notice


Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.



Dabomb's 1985 Jimmy - Rust Repair/Upgrades: TPI Swap (Need Trans)

  • Hello all, been on the forum for a few years and have been here and there in terms of when I've been active. Well I decided its time to start a build thread now that I am doing some major work to the truck. It was my first vehicle and I just can't seem to let myself get rid of it. So I need to start working on it before it falls in on itself.

    Here is a shot of the truck.

    [​IMG]


    That was a few years ago. I think around 2011. Well time has gone on, I've got other vehicles and a project car. I put the truck on the back burner...decided it was time to get to work on the floor now that we recently moved somewhere that has a work area again. (Yay big garage!!!)

    So I started tearing into it Tuesday night.
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    As you can see I have a lot of work cut out for me. I plan on doing the tail pan with 2"x3" 3/16th Square Tube. Then I will be doing the floor in either diamond plate or sheet metal. Depending on availability of diamond plate and cost.

    I'm getting back to work on it tonight. Going to cut back what is there of the floor a few inches then work on getting the tail pan removed. I can just about rip the drivers side section/hinge of the tail pan off its so bad. Its not even attached to the tail post or floor. That side has sagged and was to the point of not latching. Hope to have an update tomorrow for everyone with some progress pictures!

    dabomb.jpg