CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Restoration Ga/ Vt 77K5

Street legalish mud/ woods toy

Overview

So I have always wanted a K5, but I have always passed up on buying one because of rust, timing, money or some other excuse. I have had a few different mud trucks, but I always get jealous when I see a nice blazer at the mud bogs or on the street. Until last week, I really thought that I was gonna have to wait until a few of my kids were older, so that I would be able to convince my wife to let me buy something else that I can’t fit the whole family in. She wanted me to either stop building mud trucks or build my 99 suburban. Into the picture comes this rough looking 77 blazer on Facebook. The seller was trying to get rid of it for a friend, who had moved and couldn’t take all his toys with him. Long story short I begged and bribed the wife by promising to move back home when I get done with the military in exchange for buying an emissions excempt toy.

Specs

Year
Make
Chevy
Model
K5
Trim Level
Unknown
Interior
Diy4x dash, diy4x shackle flip, toughy locking console and under seat boxes, 96 truck seats and way to many toggle switches, Sony marine radio
Factory Options
Unknown
Engine
Transmission
Sm465
Transfer Case
Steering
Stock
Suspension
Diy4x shackles flip rear, front has their rear shackles and greaseable bolts
Axles
10 bolt front and rear for now. Front has a lunchbox locker and rear is gov locked but since it’s out of my 90 K1500, it’s very close to blowing up. Now has Dana 60/ 14bff 4.10 combo sitting beside it. Lol
Wheels
16.5 pacer bullet holes
Tires
37 inch Goodyear mt Humvee take offs
Paint
Looks like black plastidip

More from Joe91M

Joe91M
Views
So I'm in the middle of installing a 6 inch skyjacker on my 90 SC/SB dd. I'm having a few issues since the kit is NOS that a friend purchased 10 years ago for a different truck. My biggest concern is weather or no I should bolt the upper A arm brackets to the frame like the directions say or burn them in since all the adjustment is done between A arm to bracket not bracket to frame. Any opinions wlwould be helpful and if this gets any interest I will post pictures.
Joe91M
Views
So after bugging a friend for 3 years, I finally bought his 93 step side. It's a roller with all new sheet metal, a 4l60e/241c and stock everything. The motor was blown when he got it, and when he finally sold it to me, I scrapped 1 1/2 trucks to pay for it. $600 bucks and it was in my yard. Well he called me up and said, oh by the way, the truck comes with nos skyjacker 6 inch I picked up years ago and I have a 91 350 tbi motor if you want it. So what I should have done was drop the motor...

Item information

Added by
Joe91M
Views
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom