Grey Truck Build

• My dad traded in his other truck (1970 1/2 ton short box) for this one in 1999 to be his daily driver/work truck (I was about 6 years old). The short box was too small and he needed something more reliable back then. It was bone stock with the factory 6.6L 400 / TH350 and NP203.

My dad later bought a newer dodge and the K20 ended up sitting around collecting dust. I always loved the body style and I always wanted the truck. We uncorked it and went to a local mud bog and I fell in love with offroading and it was all I wanted to do. When I was about 14 I ended up tearing into it one day (without dads permission) and we made it our father/son project.. My dad gave it to me to be my fist car. BEST GIFT EVER. I didnt want any of those new trucks anyway, no charactor.

I eventually met my wife because of the truck. She thought it was badass back when I was in highschool. Went on our first date in it and its been with us ever since. I never plan on selling it or getting rid of it. Someday, I hope to pass it on to my future kids (havent had any yet) assuming they will be into old shitboxes. lol

My goal with this truck is to make it a weekend warrior/relaiable and capable truck. I strive to keep it "retro" with the most simple stuff keepig computers to a minimum. Call me old school if you want, I know fuel injection in pretty much every way. I want to make it able to tow and go just about wherever I want. Maybe do some overlanding and drive across the greatest nation in the world AMERICA.
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevrolet
    Model:
    K20
    Trim Level:
    Scottsdale
    Interior:
    2 door single cab
    Factory Options:
    Scottsdale HD 8400GVW / federal exempt pickup
    Engine:
    Just a GM 350 HO4 crate engine. Built Q-Jet from Sean Murphy Induction, performer RPM Q-jet intake manifold and Hooker long tubes. Happy with the ease of maintenence and drivebility over the other high compression engines ive run in the past. Dual 2.5" mandral bent exhaust with H-Pipe (made by yours truly) and dynomax turbo mufflers with dumps behind the axle. Super happy with the "Old Skool" sound of the turbo mufflers, just feels right for the truck.
    Transmission:
    Stock 1981 TH400. Working on a 4L80E swap soon.
    Transfer Case:
    Stock 1989 Np241 that still has the slip tail shaft. Working on a SYE now along with a transmission swap.
    Steering:
    Crossover from DIY4X
    Suspension:
    B52 with Rough Country springs in front. F250 shock towers with bilstien 5125 14 inch travel shocks.

Shackle flip in rear with 56 inch springs. 14 inch travel bilstien shocks with hoops through the bed (soon to be tubbed). Pro-Comp limit straps and Daystar 4.5 inch progressive poly bump-stops with custom made mounts by me as well.

In the rear I have a chassis unlimited antiwrap bar that is adjustable.
    Axles:
    Dana 44. (open w/ 4.56 gears)
    14bff (Detroit locker w/4.56 gears)

Soon to be a Dana 60 up front and I want to add 5.13 gears and a Detroit locker up front once I swap the 4L80E in.
    Wheels:
    Method mesh 17x8.5 (0mm backspace)
    Tires:
    37x12.50 R17 Toyo M/Ts

Maybe add some 40's when I get the 4L80E, D60 and lower gears.
    Paint:
    Grey.... needs new paint bad.
nmxhustla likes this.