CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

I-Ball

Expedition/Excursion/Overlanding RTT Trailer

Overview

This trailer was largely built on impulse and 'lets try that' hence the name I-Ball (eyeball). Happy to say we had virtually no mistakes and I have not needed to change or modify anything. This one was truly 'built, not bought.'

Specs

Year
Make
Bantam
Model
M100
Bantam Trailer as base (from M100 ¼ ton military trailer design, the Bantam/civilian model has the tailgate). This trailer will be ideal for a 2 person tent setup. The pics show the 4 person Tepui (~250lb load) which is not included. Approximately 2,000 miles since the build.

Trailer:
Bantam 1/4t trailer, ~1945 – Titled and licensed
Tires/Wheels – 3 Yokohama Geolander ATS, 33x12.50-15
Fenders – 16 gauge steel, zinc primed (can be used for step)
Shock absorbers added
Hinged lid on hydraulic struts
Tent mount - RTT rack on hydraulic struts (internal to the posts), 20” lift
LED lights with new wiring
Spare on swing gate
D-rings on back
Eye-bolts all around
15 gallon fresh water tank
12v pump
Interstate 12v deep cycle battery
Receiver mount on trailer (for Lock-n-Roll or regular ball hitch system)
Bulldog Trailer jack on front
5th wheel level system on rear (36” manual)

Downloads

• IMG_08858.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 80

More from 2Dogs

2Dogs
Views
We have outgrown the first trailer (not enough room for 2 adults, 2 kids, and dog, even for short trips) so a new build is in the works! Everything worked well on the first trailer with the exception of the heavy 4 person tent on the narrow track trailer – too tippy! New build (IBv2): M101A3 (I need to record the date, forgot it). Very clean and included stakes, sides, and cover (I will be selling that stuff and the HMMWV tires/wheels to help fund the build). Goals : New tongue / receiver...
2Dogs
Views
Advanced Mall-Crawler

Item information

Added by
2Dogs
Views
Last update

More in Other

Top Bottom