CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

iwaxmyjimmy's build thread

Overview

Well since I got laid off I have found the time to work on the K5 again. Main problems are cracked radiator tank, blown heater core, torque converter went out, and the rear gov-bomb id its thing. I just popped open the diff cover and was like d@mn. The driveside side gear (that so doesn't look like correct grammer) is completely chewed up and both the gears on the crosspin have small chunks missing. But it kinda buttonhooked me. I've thought about buying a 4 spd parts truck preferably 4wd 3/4 ton so I can get a decent drivetrain, but I've got and open carrier I could swap in and while am at it I've got some used 4.10s I got for free that it would only cost me a inner pinion bearing, crush sleeve, ring gear bolts and pinion seal to regear.

iwax.jpg

You’ll have to follow the thread it’s taken a few turns over the last 12 years

Specs

Year
Make
GMC
Model
Jimmy
Trim Level
High Sierra
Engine
Transmission
Hydro SM465
Transfer Case
Np205
Steering
WFO crossover with ORD tie rod
Suspension
52s up front and 56s out back
Axles
D60 front 14 bolt rear
Wheels
15x10
Tires
38.5x14.50
Paint
Missing

More from iwaxmyjimmy

So back in December, I purchased a 2010 J**p Wrangler Rubicon. I honestly still hate most J**p owners and thing they are bland loyalist that need to be punched in the mouth. I honestly am almost fed up with all the J**p forums because half of them aren't wheelers and most don't believe in building parts yourself. I've just recently decided, I will no long buy parts I can build. $350 for a tie rod, when I can build one to the same design for $125. Its worth my time to practice my welding...

Item information

Added by
iwaxmyjimmy
Views
Last update

More in K5 Blazer | Jimmy

Top Bottom