Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Offroad JT monster truck

• Hey guys we got another build on the slate!
    Here's a great example of a 78 K10, typical procomp lift springs and based on part numbers puts it at 6 inches, I think it sits higher, 47 inches from the ground to the fender... annnd it rides like it has that much lift also.
    IMG_1959.JPG
    I love stepsides, this one has tons of character!
    IMG_1960.JPG
    Must be some sort of boomerang type of shackle.. didn't work really, bummer..
    IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1962.JPG IMG_1964.JPG IMG_1965.JPG IMG_1966.JPG

I met Jake when Ethel puked the clutch last summer, he was the tow truck driver that came and got us and brought Ethel home. He met our first customer Dillon, he also got to see our first build, since then Jake and I have talked many times and he's even visited @bergerking to check out the DirtyC.
    The goals for him are pretty simple, make the truck ride better, and if it's able to slay some Prerunner rangers and yotas he'll be happy :)
    Well... as a matter of fact, we know how to do just that!
    I wanted to mention one thing, we originally selected 46mm shocks for this build, after sending pictures of these to Jake he decided he wanted to upgrade to the 60mm shocks, which is no problem! Bigger is better in shocks! The price changes are near 250$ for the upgrade and worth every penny.
    Here are some comparison pics of the 46mm next to the 60mm.
    IMG_1938.JPG
    Body side is apparent and the end caps are also smaller, the rod ends and shafts are the same.
    IMG_1939.JPG
    The resivoir is longer but smaller diameter on the 46.
    IMG_1940.JPG
    This end of the shocks are the same.

@secutright and myself will be building this and it should be done in the next month. We'll do our best to post updates!
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevy
    Model:
    K10 stepside
    Engine:
    Transmission:
    Sm465
    Transfer Case:
    Np205
    Steering:
    Crossover Fortify Offroad