CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Mini-Vee: 1/3 scale Humvee, go kart and yard mule

Overview

I've always wanted a HMMWV (the military Humvee, like the consumer Hummers but even less comfortable.) After careful consideration, however, I concluded that if I wanted an oversize topless impractical vehicle on large tires with GM powertrain better suited as a conversation piece than a daily driver, I could just as well have a Blazer. Which, coincidentally, I already do. :doah:

And even after finishing my mini bulldozer-backhoe, I find I enjoy building small things. As you'll see later on, being able to tote e.g. a winch bumper in one hand is priceless.

Specs

Year
Make
Mini
Model
HMMWV

More from dremu

dremu
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reviews
Friends and family look at me funny when I say we're building a mini bulldozer in our shed. Because, apparently, this is not something normal people do. Seems perfectly reasonable to me :dunno: As a bit of background, I've been wanting A Project for some time. Not a life-long project like another Blazer (been there, done that), but a build-from-the-ground-up something. I considered a kit car, but I'm too old and fat to fit in the damn things, and we have enough cars already. The kid wanted...
dremu
Views
from stock to smurf, in seventy-two easy (ha!) steps, plus some commentary on the life decisions I've made, often poor ones. Including four houses and three marriages. :doah: There will be some storytelling and some photopimping. I don't discuss the basics -- you should know a grade 5 from a grade 8 bolt -- but I don't claim to be an expert fabricator either. I just like to weld, so I build things. Sometimes they even work! Here on CK5 we have all kinds of builds: stock trucks, resto-mods...

Item information

Added by
dremu
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Other

Top Bottom