CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

New tow rig build thread. It has been a while.

Overview

Went to Portland on 11/11/11. Left at 1pm. Ran out of fuel at the truck stop 1 mile from the dealer. Got it fueled and restarted. Running lights started flickering off, then quit. A short was loading the breaker. Chased it somewhere in the head rack. Cut that feed.

Rain started. Go figure. Wipers looked good. Were rock hard and began falling apart after 30 minutes. New were installed. 5 hours into the trip we finally found the heater line valve. Heat started working.

For a full story on the trip. Go here.
http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290883

So I bought with an exo-cage. Kind of.
bigtruck.jpg

The rear upper rack will be rebuilt to lower the back all of the way down and go up high enough to get the Jimmy under it.
DSC_0004.jpg

The 5th wheel will come off. New permanent ramps will be built to the back of the stinger with storage boxes under them. Then fold down ramps to the ground. A new 5th wheel hitch for the RV will be built on the stinger. It will fold forward with hydraulics to be out of the way to get the cars on.
DSC_0005.jpg

More from ktmoutfront

ktmoutfront
Views
Reaction score
Collecting parts with no real plan for the end. I just know I'm not cool without an LS swap and tons.
Bought this truck, 4wd, 5.3 base with 105k on the odometer. Truck was beat on by the previous owner. Tried to be a snow plower. Back into a Mercedes on his first day. Must have been moving. I was going to pull the body and set the blazer on it. Lowered 4wd DD. FTW. Not going to happen. So I am going to build a flat bed. Already added electric seats and cruise control Today it started. Hitch is a little bent. Bed removal by myself. I new I had to deal with this. Got it...
I never had a build thread. Built it before I knew of CK5. Thank goodness. If not, it would be on leafs and one tons.:whistle: So I will post when I rebuild stuff. As if anyone cares. Broke the truck at King of the Hammers. 200 feet from where I broke it the year before.:doah: Hooked a rock with the right front tire, at 2mph. Stripped the splines out of the pitman arm this year. Hit a rock at 2mph last year, going the other way. Broke the ears off of the stearing box. Drove it back to camp...

Item information

Added by
ktmoutfront
Views
Last update

More in Other

Top Bottom