Orange Crush - 1988 GMC Suburban

• I'm building this for some friends of ours who use this truck at their home in Telluride. It's been a great people hauler for them, but it's definitely in need of some cosmetic TLC, and I've talked him into doing some modifications for a better ride and drivability. What started as him wanting just a paint job (color change) has turned into a fun little project that I hope to actually complete in a couple of months.

Plans for this build:
    • Color change paint job to "Orange Crush". This is the color he wants, thus the name of the build.
    • Blast and coat the undercarriage.
    • 4" ORD lift.
    • 35" Toyo ATIII tires.
    • 16x8 wheels (probably Method Double Standard)
    • 4.88 gears.
    • Steering box brace.
    • Front winch bumper with winch.
    • Rear bumper.
    • Side steps.
    • Stereo (nice to have, but might max out our budget before we get there)
  • Year:
    Make:
    GMC
    Model:
    Suburban
    Trim Level:
    Sierra Classic
    Interior:
    Tan
    Engine:
    5.7L
    Transmission:
    700R4
    Steering:
    Stock
    Suspension:
    Stock, installing 4" ORD
    Axles:
    Stock 10 bolt, swapping gears to 4.88
    Wheels:
    TBD
    Tires:
    TBD
    Paint:
    TBD
    See above for plans.
  • First step was to blast and paint the undercarriage. We used an industrial DTM that we use frequently that holds up well, and looks really nice. The muffler got some high-temp paint we use for industrial piping. Next step is body work and paint. Suspension and bumpers are on order. Narrowing down wheel choices, and then we will get those ordered as well. I'm curious to see how this is going to look in Orange Crush. It's a LOT of truck to paint orange, but as others have shown it can actually look pretty good...