Piecing together a full vert!

• Well I figured I got to a point where I should start posting a build thread. I always wanted a 1973-1975 k5 but being from Rusty MN/WI it was hard to find one that wasn't swiss cheese or worth your first born. I was searching/going to see blazers for years until I came across an ad for a rust free 1974 tub with stock a/c from Arizona. The price wasn't bad so I called up the guy right away. Then the parts gathering began. Picked up a truck tailgate, rust free front clip and the hard one a frame & drive train. The Frame & drive train had all new brakes and a front of the body that had all the steering, hvack, brakes, linkages, and wiring. This is nice because I can move the good stuff to my clean tub.

Here is the start of the pictures and work

IMG_20150218_171103722.jpg

IMG_20150218_171031913.jpg

0523151222.jpg

0523151141.jpg

0328151135a.jpg

rugby.jpg
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevy
    Model:
    K5
    Trim Level:
    Cheyenne
    Interior:
    Autometer Gauges, PRP low back Daily Driver series
    Factory Options:
    A/C
    Engine:
    5.3, Tune, Cold air intake, Schoenfeld long tube headers, TNA engine mounts and Crossmember
    Transmission:
    4l60e with TNA crossmember
    Transfer Case:
    NP241 With JB conversions SYE
    Steering:
    ORD Crossover, Borgeson steering shaft
    Suspension:
    DIY4X rear shackle flip with stock 52s rear zero rate 1" back, Tuff country EZ rides 4" with ORD offset plate 1" forward ORD FUSH kit, ORD 1" body lift, Bilstein 5125, Grease able bolts all the way around.
    Axles:
    Front Dana 60 kingpin (Chassis Unlimited Diff cover, WFO spring plates, Ruffstuff 3/4 ton brake brackets, Ruffstuff tie rod, ORD Crossover steering arm and draglink, Reid racing knuckles, Chromoly axle shafts with 35 spline outers, G2 35 spline lockouts, completely rebuilt, 4.10)
    Rear 14 bolt full float ( Chassis Unlimited Diff cover, Ruffstuff Disc brake swap, Ruffstuff Pinon Guard, 4.10)
    Wheels:
    Wheel Vintiques 16x10 steel wheels with hubcaps
    Tires:
    Mickey Thompson Dick Cepek extreme country 315/75r16
    Paint:
    Eastwood single stage Costal highway blue and Bright White