CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Project Resurrection: The s10 truggy.

Overview

Im like a damn clown juggling projects here. So tonight I brought home an s10. I couldnt pass it up. The guy did full rockers and cab corners with pictures to prove he did it the right way. Plus a fresh door, fresh front clip, new core support, and a clean bed to donate to my buddy for his s10 street rod. It came home for $600 with 335k on the clock and a 4.3 motor I refuse to believe has that many miles on it.

This all started with this today.

Then I went and bought this for $600.

So Im not doing anything too extravagant here. Between the street rod, work truck, and house Im digging myself into a little bit of a financial hole. This should be a good outlet to fill some of my time doing the fab without too much financial investment.

The plan is to put the s10 cab on the tube frame. Throw the big sun roof from the 442 in it before I junk that. Its looking like the truck is going to be 4.3 TBI, fullsize NV3500 or maybe a nv4500 and dual toyota tcases. Tube truggy bed and an exocage down the road. I want to run my 12,000lb milemarker up front and probably an 8000lb HF in the back as an o **** winch.

Obviously the first thing to tackle will be getting the cab on the frame.

stomis.jpg
Reactions: imiceman44

More from Stomis

Stomis
Views
So despite my numerous endless projects Im taking on another vehicle. Not really because I want to, Ok I lied I do want it, but because I need it. For the past week Ive been doing heavy equipment welding/fab repair. It started out as a temporary one day thing working for a friend and kind of unfolded into picking up a very big repeat customer once they saw our work and drive to make some dough. Needless to say because my friend is so busy and I was doing 90% of the work he brought me in as a...
Stomis
Views
We all have a disease. At least Im in good company of others with the disease. The first thing the wife said when I went to buy this truck was "This isnt gonna be another thing you sink a **** load of money into is it?" I gave her a boldface lie of a NO! right to her face and she knew it too. Only reason Im getting away with it is cause she likes the thing :D So Ive spoken of it on here but never really elaborated. I bought a 90% done project from a guy on craigslist. Specs as follows...
Stomis
Views
So finally after all the chatter I made a move on a new truck. My daily driver (1999 Stratus) is not long for this world. Water pump went on me the other day, car over heated, gauge didnt lead on to how bad it actually over heated and the head gasket cracked. Got lots of nice oil boogers in the radiator and its just not worth fixing. So onto craigslist I went. 24hrs later I brought home a 1994 isuzu trooper with a 3.2L v6, 5 speed, 4wd, Isuzu 12bolt rear w/ 185,000 miles for $900. Shes up...
Stomis
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Well someone requested some pictures of the bed I'm working on in the tool shed. IMO its going slow but coming out really well. Heres a day and a half of work. Theres also a crappy pic of how my welds are coming alot. A straight bead and a stitch. Could always use advice on how to improve to please critique.

Item information

Added by
Stomis
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom