Project Snow Bear K20!

Tags:
  • OK so I've been gone for a while, had to go make a little money overseas but I'm back with a new project truck. Scoured craigslist for a week looking for that "right" deal on a new girl. Behold....the Snow Bear! Starting with a 1981 K-20 Custom deluxe. She's got a good bit of rust in the bed, small amount in the floor pan on the drivers side but overall it's pretty decent. Drivetrain is stock 350/sm465/np208. Dana 44 and 14bolt rear with limited slip. Previous owner installed a new 4" rough country lift with blocks in the back. That's got to go as soon as I can get a shackle flip. So here's the plan:

*Swap bed out for a step side tool bed that I found while looking for this truck.
    * Upgrade the front to a Dana 60 with a traction lock or lunchbox locker
    *swap the NP 208 for the NP 205
    *Eventually install an NV4500
    *5.3L Vortec engine (already purchased)
    *Gut my parts suburban for the interior. Door panels, captains chairs and center console.
    *Get a WINCH on this beeotch
    *Custom front and rear bumpers, tire carrier rear with built in tail gate.

So the truck runs and drives well as it is. In order to live up to the status of the Snow bear it's going to have to go through some changes. Like a dude that moves to Trinidad Colorado and comes back a chick, the Snow Bear will make a quick transition to full service duty in the Montana winter.
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevrolet
    Model:
    K-20
    Engine:
    Transmission:
    Sm465
    Transfer Case:
    Np208
    Steering:
    Power