CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Quadrasteer Suburban tow rig

2003 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer camper towing 8.1L 6.0L swap 4L80-E

Overview

Having really liked our 2005 Yukon XL, I was gearing up to tow a small-ish camper across the country with it (5.3L 4x4 3.42 gears, Autoride). At some point I decided that a 1500 with soft coil springs and tall gears might be OK for camping a few hours from home (I even got the airbag shocks and compressor working again), but for thousands of miles and tackling the continental divide, a stouter rig was in order. No interest in pickups since they're too cramped for 6 people all day long. While looking for 3/4-ton Suburbans I remembered that some Quadrasteer ones had been built. Since I was involved a little with the truck 4-wheel steering during my time at Delphi (see https://patents.google.com/patent/WO2001020822A1/zh), I decided no other vehicle would do. So after chasing them down in various parts of the country, I ended up driving to Syracuse to pick up this Maryland native.

(pics to follow)

Specs

Year
Make
Chevrolet
Model
Suburban
Trim Level
2500 Quadrasteer
Factory Options
All

More from Blue85

Blue85
Views
Can I build a Buick in here? Picking up a Regal GS with no engine, but lots of aftermarket parts. Plans are something like this: -Replacement L67 engine (S/C 3800) -Ported supercharger and matching intake -Intercooler -Undersize supercharger pulley (3.0"?) -50lb/hr injectors (left over from E85 conversion) -Fenderwell air intake -Stainless headers -custom 3" downpipe and exhaust -maybe a cam -Dyno tuning at ZZP -Stock suspension -No exterior mods. The idea is a comfy DD and sleeper...

Item information

Added by
Blue85
Views
Watchers
Last update

More in Suburban

Top Bottom