Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Restoration of the Old Girl, 1976 Suburban

• Well I've finally gotten a chance to start working on my 1976 Suburban today. This truck was bought by my parents in 1984 and has been in the family since. I've owned it since about 2005 and it was my DD until 2011. My oldest brother owned the truck for a little while and unfortunately was not very kind to it. All of the body damage (except for the rust) was caused by him. I've always had plans to restore the truck to a stock condition and have slowly been collecting parts and information over the years. Now that I have my own place and the weekends more or less free I can finally work on the truck.

Today I took everything out of the truck that I had been storing in there, that's what the first few pictures are of. Everything in the garage (I was using the truck as a storage place for all the parts I've collected. The rest of the pictures are of the removal of the interior. I still need to clean the floor boards, but they look pretty solid with only a couple spots of rust. Now enough of my yapping, on to the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]