Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ryoken's 91 GMC 1500

• figured I'd put this in here, tho it probably wont be much of a "build".. we'll see down the road, maybe I'll throw a paint job at it or something..

anyway, as I mentioned in Mutt's thread, bought a new alternate DD'er for $400...

royken.jpg

[​IMG]

just a 4.3 with a 4 spd.. but he has spent some coin over the last yr or so, so I didn't mind giving him 400 for it... new front tires, new flywheel and clutch, alt, rad and w pump.... good sticker till oct 015, see what happens than.. heck, maybe I'll put a 5.3 package in it...

just gonna clean it up some for now, drive it and fix as needed... it could use back brakes and the idler arm is a bit sloppy...

one thing I have to check into that I could use a bit of firsthand experience with is, the plastic clutch/ressy replacements that feed the slave they sell now for this gen pickup/clutch setup? I know he's blown up a couple of those over the last 5 yr's.. :dunno: apparently it wasn't a great design and the aftermarket replacements fail easy.. when he had the clutch/flywheel put in, that's what the tranny guy said, they where notoriously cr@ppy...

bonus factoid... I now have a use for the black toolbox on the back of Mutt now... wasn't going on the tubebed, so it was just gonna sit in my garage... :woot: