Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swettysblazer's 1991 K5 Trazer: Wheeling it

• Well, I figured I might as well throw up a build thread for my truck. I got it when I was 17 for my birthday as my first car. This October I will have had it for four years. Anyways, I was looking for a truck and I had always wanted a Bronco. But all of the trucks I looked at were either rotboxes or they wanted too much money. My spending limit was about 3K. So I kept looking, and eventually spotted the Blazer. It was sitting in a parking lot, and me and my dad looked at it and it seemed to be pretty solid. I had something going on, so he called the guy who owned it and they set up a meeting to look over the truck and take it for a drive. The first thing that the PO did was take my dad through a field behind his house :haha:. After that, he came home and told me that he wanted too much. I was a little disappointed, but didn't dwell on it. Well, my birthday rolls around and I open a little box and it has a Hot Wheels Blazer in it. Under that was a set of keys :woot::woot: so they punked me on that pretty good. We wound up paying 4000 for it, and took it home. It had about 170,000 on it when I got it.

sweety.jpg

There it is the day after I got it home. On the way home, we noticed that either the seats had an Air-ride suspension in them, or there was a hole in the floor. Guess which one it was? :doah: Also, the muffler and exhaust was almost rotted off of the thing. So, we put a Flowmaster 40 on it and dual exhaust going out the back (big mistake, fumes were terrible). After this, we decided to conquer the floor. The area where the seats bolted to the floor was pretty shot. The backs were rotted through and you wound up doing the gangster lean no matter what you did. So the floor got fixed, and I drove the truck as it was for about a year. One day, me and a buddy went four wheeling up behind our house. We were doing fine, when his Jeep just died. So, we had a strap, and we were right at the bottom of a hill and I said I would pull him up. I told my other buddy to lock in the passenger side hub and I did the driver side. Apparently, he had never experienced this before.:doah:
    So I put the truck in 4WD, and start to try to pull him. Nothing, so I just give it more gas. Big mistake, as I fried my trans (700R4). Long story short, the truck sat for a while before I could get the money to fix it. About a month later she was back on the road and doing fine.

Fast forward to June, and I bought a 4 inch Rough Country lift. I didn't know about this website yet, otherwise I would have gone a different route. I found CK5 literally two weeks after I put the lift in. Anyways. the lift went in with only a few issues, mainly the steering arm and due to the fact this was the first time I had ever done something like this.

Some shots before the lift.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After/during the lift:

[​IMG]
    Me looking forward to it :haha:

[​IMG]
    Fronts out, new stuff ready to go in

[​IMG]
    Front all back together

[​IMG]
    Rears going in

[​IMG]
    All back together, after the lift.

[​IMG]
    Next to my buddys jeep, the one i tried to pull out and blew the trans.

As you can see, at this point I still had the worn out 33's and Rallys on it. Well, a friend of mine had some American Racing rims and he said I could have them and they fit the truck, so I took them. At the same time, a friend of my dad's had a set of 35" BFG's that he wasn't using, so he gave them to me. :eek1::eek1: So for free, I got a set of wheels AND tires. Two tires looked brand new, but two were pretty toasted and were really worn from the center of the tread going to the outside. So i bought two new tires and went to town.
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevy
    Model:
    Trazer
    Trim Level:
    Sierra Classic
    Interior:
    Stock, some radio upgrades
    Engine:
    TBI 350, Hedman 69230 Headers, Flowmaster Muffler
    Transmission: