CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Daily Driver The 1961 c-10 story

99 LS1/6SPEED SWAP in a weekish

Overview

This is my cousin's 1961 c10 from a real dry area and min rust . He got it as a roller and pair of trucks . He made 1 with all the best parts and a 350 voertec short block roller engine and tbi heads on top and edelbrock carb . Backed it up with a 700r4 and he swapped in a newer 10bolt mid 80's rear that had 2.73 open .

Next he ditched the torsion bar front with a mid 80's c10 front swap . He even did the p/s box swap also . He then used a s10 booster and master for brakes and he has been driving it a lot .

Next post here will be transformation to a real daily driver sleeper ...... :cool1:

Specs

Year
Make
Chevy
Model
C10
Engine
1999 LS1
Transmission
Tremec 6 speed from 99 pontiac trans am
Steering
Gm p/s
Suspension
Gm 73-87 front swap and gm original trailing arm rear with coils .
Axles
10bolt truck 28 spline
Wheels
73-87 gm truck rallies
Tires
Bfg radial t/a 235/70/15
Paint
Originalish

More from sweetk30

8.1 bbc vortec / nv4500 / 4.63 rear 1.5ton truck was a 12ft flatbed dump now 10ft flatbed dump .
sweetk30
Views
start of the rebuild :weld::grind::hack::truck::1zhelp: 04/3/15 post 61 ---------------------------------------------------------------- the life & times of my k30 plow truck first few threads on the truck from the start to now. basic's of the truck from start :http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209912&highlight=plow 35" tires : http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252004&highlight=plow rim refurb ...
sweetk30
Views
1985 c-10 2wd with 5.3ls / 4l60-e / 3.73 Detroit true trac rear . 12/17/13 post # 567 little info update 5/11/15 ------------------------------ UPDATE : painted pics of it out in the sun light :thumb: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- time for a new project i guess. ya i have a few but this could be used a lot more and i am tired of my current dd vehicle as its not me. so i happen to see this on local craigslist few weeks ago and then...
i got my farmer friends 98 ford e-350 strech van to work on. he got this van this past fall used real nice shape. never realy drivin in the winter min rust for upstate ny salt belt vehicles. well the rear bumper was smashed in on right rear corner and also turned up like a twizler is made. so makeing it stright was not gona happen. new aftermarket min 200 bucks and good used not around here. so after thinking it over i am making him a new bumper BEEFY style. pic #1= van its self...
sweetk30
Views
more info at post # 333 link to diy4x custom dash build for the truck. i have a 88k30crewcab body is a bit beat. box is shot in all the wrong places. then cab corners little shot along with some spots in rockers. front fenders need replaceing. so i got to thinking i need a party truck and dont need the length. so i want to take crewcab and make super short play toy like these. thinking more like mtmikes in the last 2 pics. any helpfull hints would be vary usefull. to those who have...

Item information

Added by
sweetk30
Views
Last update

More in Pickup

Top Bottom