The road to one tons

• My passion for squarebodys started when I was young, my earliest memories are riding in my dads red oxide primer 79 k5. It was just a rough blazer with a small lift and 33” mud tires that never seemed to let us down. It was his daily driver that we wheeled on weekends, there was just something about it... Which brings us to my build. I’m in the rust belt of eastern Kentucky and finding a truck around here that isn’t rotted to the ground is hard to find let alone affordable.

A family friend sold me a 79 k10 about a year ago that I was planning on swapping a 6.0/4l80e and restoring.
    I bought a 2002 Yukon xl 2500 for the donor truck that had a flawless drivetrain, clean title and cold a/c, Its only issue was it needed a 4wd shift motor for a fair price of $250. I starting tearing down the truck to get to the rust areas that needed to be repaired, only to find out that the cab wasn’t worth fixing and the fenders and hood all needed replaced. Luckily the bed and core support are usable.
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevy
    Model:
    K10
    Engine:
    Transmission:
    Th400
    Transfer Case:
    Np205
    Suspension:
    52” front spring swap