The Shop Truck

• I've turned all my trucks into trail rigs, so we didn't really have a truck to do truck things with (no bed space). We looked at trailers a bit, some 5.3 Silverados and finally decided on this (complete with it's first load):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a 1971 C20 with a 69/70 grill that someone used as a welding truck for their gate/fence business. All of the fab work is good, it has a newer GM Goodwrench crate 350 and a 700R4 tranny with a Dana 60 rear.

[​IMG]

The bedsides flip down (with the exception of the rear corners).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's got a rear mounted gas tank (not sure what the original application was) and drives pretty good for a 46 year old truck. The only major issues it had were all electrical related. I've already gone through the wiring, cleaned up the biggest wiring hacks, replaced the rear tail lights, added the rear side markers (going to put a couple more on each side too) replaced the alternator and rerouted the fuel lines. I also cleaned up the rear of the bed where they cut off the rack that was on it.

Immediate plans are to mount a crane in the bed, add some lights for the bed, install a couple toolboxes under the front of the bed and then use it until I get my shop built (I needed a truck to get my back yard cleaned up to make room for the shop).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once I have the shop built, I'll get a bit more creative with the truck, but for now it's going to stay this way with the exception of maybe going with fuel injection (Holley Sniper).
  • Year:
    Make:
    Chevrolet
    Model:
    C20
    Trim Level:
    Base
    Interior:
    Base
    Factory Options:
    N/A
    Engine: