Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE Membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WL: 1975 K5 (previously "Another new (to me) K5.")

• I've wanted a 1973-1975 K5 for years. Always been one of my dream rigs. The other day a buddy of mine posted a link to a 1975 K5 on Craigslist. The ad sucked. No pictures, no phone number, not much of a description. Just said 1975 K5 Blazer, no engine, $600. So I emailed the guy a few times. No reply. Was starting to lose interest. Than a couple weeks ago, I clicked on the ad again, just to get the email address, and try one more time. Upon doing so, I found the ad had been updated with a telephone number. Called it, no answer. Left a voicemail, no reply. Tried a few times, nothing. I had all but given up on it, when a couple of days ago, the guy called me back. So he texted me a few pictures of it, and I said SOLD. Went and picked it up today.

Cell phone pictures I was texted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not great, kind of rusty. Been sitting in a tree line for 20 years. Also has a god awful slushbox transmission and full time 4x4, but it is still a full convertible, and that is all I really care about. Of course as we were loading it up, he said he use to have a 1973 with an SM465, to bad he hadn't parked that one in the trees as well!

Here it is when we pulled up to load it.

[​IMG]

Pretty standard 4" lift, blocks in the rear, no idea on gears, dry rotted 33x12.50x15's on horrid wheels.

Loaded on the trailer, fueling up.

[​IMG]

Anyone need a tacky tube grille? I'll throw in the naked ladies at no extra cost!!!

[​IMG]

There were some other cool cars in the tree line. I thought I got a picture of a pretty straight 2 door, 4 speed, 1955 Chevy that a tree had fallen on, but I messed it up somehow.

I did get the 1970 El Camino. 2 barrel for some reason, sadly an automatic as well.

[​IMG]

Trans Am, with another lame automatic.

[​IMG]

....and the sweetest car there, a 4 speed, 197(1?) RS Camaro.

[​IMG]

Martin

k5.jpg