CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

12 inch SUB!

funkycold

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I finally finished (with help from my buddy) installing the 14FF with disc brakes and 3/4 ton conversion up front. We also installed 12 in lift and 39" tires. There is still a list of things I want to do, but at least I got it back together.

before
5031MVC-001F-med.JPG

after
5031MVC-610F.JPG

55Willy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
what was you combo before?
looks really good now. Mines has 5" on it now and hopefully going to be about 7". I'v got to tow and drive it every day so I'm not going as high as I had wanted.

funkycold

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
the before picture was 6" lift and 36" tires. The tires rubbed and i really did not want /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif fenders up. the after is 12" lift and 39" tires.

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I hope it's not your daily driver,,, it looks nice, but in my opinion, i personally think it's too tall for any kind of serious off road/trail riding. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Looks to be alittle on the top heavy side now. Please don't take this response the wrong way, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif i'm not trashin your truck, i think it looks awsome, and all that matters is your happy with it, but for me, thats too much for the type of wheelin i do. Definately a nice ride. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I liked the way it looked with the 6" lift personally.

75-K5

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
I don't know, I've driven a sub with 12" of lift and it didn't feel top heavy at all. I could take hard turns at 15-20 and it wasn't scary /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

funkycold

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I don't do a whole lot of rock climbing or anything too drastic. I mostly go on mild trails and alot of mud.

I appreciate the compliment but (no disrespect) "just like you like your /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif where it is, I like my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif where it is".

ratzila

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Looks great /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. My sub should be done next week. It will also have 12" lift & 1" zero rates. I will be getting 44" boggers for it. It was built for the deep mud.

Moose

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Looks great some day I will be able to do that to mine. I am running 6" with 37's. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4xcrazy

3/4 ton status
Reaction score
Ditto, i didn't mean any disrespect, just voicing my opinion., But it does stil look awsome. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

funkycold

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
I will be in GA for the next week until the end of the month. Let me know when you are ready and we will head out.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

SUBFAN

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Looks good....I could walk under there and change the oil.

I would probably need a scaffold to swap an air cleaner /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Beast388

1/2 ton status
Reaction score
Wow....that makes my Burb look small!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

Nice Rig!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Top Bottom