CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1970 Chevelle Malibu "400" Clone

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Like the helpers wheels! Needs pneumatic tires on it.
Was there some assembly required on the evap unit before install? Just curious as there is on the unit for a square body.
How did the firewall plate match up for existing holes used. Again the squarebody unit I had experience with some of the holes they suggested using didn’t match up to the plate they sent.

80' 427

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
The evaporator was assembled. holes mostly close. the kick panel close out/hose bulkhead was too big and had 3 holes off. The evaporator bracket was a pain. You use 2) 1/4-20 x 1" studs to get it hung then tighten one and replace the other with a bolt, then remove the second stud and replace it with a bolt. I ended up using a 1' piece on top to get the hole found. Evaporator bracket to the dash is way off. Not sure what to do with it yet. Afraid to drill a new hole, my luck.it would be in the evaporator core. In dash controls required notching to fit the dash. Compressor bracket interfered with a fitting on the rear of the power steering pump so you could get the full swing to get the belt on.. I could loosen the ps bracket, get the belt on then move it past interference and tighten the brackets up. Found a bracket in the condenser bag that had no instructions, used it to brace the condenser inlet like they had me do on the outlet. Instructions are good sometimes then super vague. Says disconnect electrical connections and remove lower dash. Then later install lower dash. I found no instructions for the in dash controls yet and so far no mention of the electrical connections to the evaporator. Not the greatest system but my buddy who is the dealer had great support from them in the past.

Last edited:

76zimmer

Flyin Rat
Staff member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I think they’re better for the squarebody, but like most aftermarket (and some OEM) you gotta make it fit.
Is there any suggestions on a Chevelle forum?

Top Bottom