TX 1973 longbed with Dana 60, 14FF (with Detroit), SM465, NP205 (must be trailered)

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by TX Mudder, Aug 4, 2019.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was a formerly very active member on here. I kept saying I'd get to it when I had time, but it's been over 10 years and it's still sitting.

I want to be upfront about this: Do not expect to get a truck that you can change the oil in, and ride it around. It has lots of rust in the body, and I do not consider the cab salvageable. The last thing I was working on was the brakes, and they weren't finished when I quit working on it. It has been sitting out in the sun on my property for years, and I frankly haven't even opened the doors or hood on it in at least 5 years. You are getting this because you want the parts.

Now for the good:
    Dana 60 front axle, 4.10, open, with 35 spline Chromoly axles. Warn hubs. Crossover steering. I also have hydro-assist on there, but that is very easy to remove.
    14 bolt FF rear, 4.10, Detroit Locker.
    SM465/NP205
    350, 2 bolt main. I rebuilt the engine about a year before my life got busy and I stopped driving it. I put in a mild, torquey cam and it ran great. Has Corvette cast iron exaust manifolds. It's got an Edelbrock intake manifold and an Edelbrock carb (I think the 1406?).
    Warn electric winch. I don't recall the exact model number. I think it was about 8500 pound rating.
    It has tons of replacement parts. I had put on an aftermarket steering column, which took all the slack out of the steering wheel. ORD bolt-in steering box brace. MSD replacement HEI. I can't even recall all of the stuff I have on there, and it frankly makes me a little sad to try.
    Additionally, not installed, I have a Dana 60 carrier for 4.56 and up (no ring gear installed, just the carrier) that I installed a brand new Lock-Rite locker in (Powertrax 2620-LR). I installed it 10 years ago in anticipation of switching to 4.56 gears, but it never happened.

Truck is titled as a 1973 Chevrolet K20 (or is it K10?) in Texas. I have a clear title to it, and I'll look for it if you need it. Worst case is I'll file for a replacement title, which takes about 2 weeks (had to do that for my ex's car once)

Terms: I am just south of Houston. It's a 20 minute drive to Bass Pro Shop on 288 and Beltway 8 (address 1000 Bass Pro Dr, Pearland, TX 77047), if you want to estimate it more closely. You will need a trailer and probably someone to help you. This will almost certainly need to happen on a weekend, due to my schedule. I cannot bring it to you, because I do not currently have another truck or the time. The tires (very old 36s) will need air, and you'll be able to winch it on a trailer or use a come-along to do it. Remember it's a long bed with a 6" lift and 36s (that are currently flat). $1200 cash for everything. The D60, the detroit that is installed, the lock-rite that is in a 4.56+ carrier, NP205, everything. I am aware I could part it out for significantly more money, but that takes time. Additionally, I have another 350 (4 bolt main) on an engine stand in my garage. If you want it, you can have it and the engine stand it's on. No heads, just the block with crank/pistons in it. I was planning to make a 383 out of this, and didn't make it past the dissaembly part before a threw an engine cover on it and pushed it in the corner of the garage.

Finally, not interested in people coming here to take certain parts off. Deal is for the whole truck. I could take parts off one by one as well, and I've chosen to not do this due to time issues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019 at 7:23 PM
    kennyw likes this.
  2. Abusfullofnuns

Abusfullofnuns 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Build(s):
    Good deal. Would be coming to get it if you see less than 300 miles away.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Great deal, i’d be all over this if you werent so far away. Bump for you.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Do you have more shots of the truck from all over?

5. TX Mudder

Hey thatK30guy, that's a name I remember!

I will get some pictures later in the week when it's not raining. To reiterate, the body is rusty/not good. Expect that none of the body is good. Anyone getting this is getting it for parts.

I found the title, and it's indeed a 1973 3/4 ton, clear title in my name. In case the buyer wants it, I will sign it over.

edit: I forgot I had this picture:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    thatK30guy likes this.
  6. TX Mudder

Here are some extra pictures that were requested. I opened the hood and the hood started bending in the middle, as old rusty hood do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Warn winch is model 26626. I believe that's a Warn XD9000i, a 9000# electric. The wired remote control is included.

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 Hoarder extraordinaire Premium Member

Build(s):
    I am tempted.
    I am pretty far, about 1800 miles but if I can sell one of my vehicles to my friend in Texas I might talk to you if you still have it

Scribbles likes this.
  8. TX Mudder

Price dropped to $1200.

9. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Half tempted to have it shipped across the country, although still a good deal, not as good when adding shipping.

10. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would love to get this truck. A 1973 Chevy that my father had is what got me into Chevy's. His was a 1/2t 2 wheeler, but the smoke rolling off the tires got me hooked. GLWS...