CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
MY thought process was to make it so I could service them again and never have to worry about the issues again.

I bought a 12 inch long drill bit, got one drilled then it broke off in the other side...

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
My question is how often do you expect to mess with cab bolts?
I just did mine 44 years old, my kid can do them again in 2065.

Edit maybe my grandson. My son would be almost 70

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
My question is how often do you expect to mess with cab bolts?
I just did mine 44 years old, my kid can do them again in 2065.

Edit maybe my grandson. My son would be almost 70
Not often, but I would like to be able to service them again without it being a huge pain.

all 4 are drilled out and ready to go, for the first time in forever the cab might sit straight.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm kind of over working on this thing, every time I try to do something I just mess it up. I'm going to nut and bolt check it and just go. It will be fine, I really tried to over do it this year for something coming but I wasn't able to get it all done with a full time job working 60+ hours a week averaging 6 days a week.

I can't wrench like I used to, my hands start to hurt and I don't torque things down properly anymore.

Cheavyk10

Desert Sand
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm kind of over working on this thing, every time I try to do something I just mess it up. I'm going to nut and bolt check it and just go. It will be fine, I really tried to over do it this year for something coming but I wasn't able to get it all done with a full time job working 60+ hours a week averaging 6 days a week.

I can't wrench like I used to, my hands start to hurt and I don't torque things down properly anymore.
Sounds like it's time to take the night off and relax. Have a couple beers and think about all the work you've already done... Like you said it'll be fine.

ashman

What's a pigeonrat??
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere back that you bought a weather pack pin tool? I'm going to be doing a bunch of wiring on pigeonrat soon and I'll probably need to repin a few connectors. Would be nice to have the right tools this time. Pretty sure either either you or @mrk5 said something about it recently.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere back that you bought a weather pack pin tool? I'm going to be doing a bunch of wiring on pigeonrat soon and I'll probably need to repin a few connectors. Would be nice to have the right tools this time. Pretty sure either either you or @mrk5 said something about it recently.
Yup, I bought one of amazon. It works really well and inexpensive.

I'll bring them to Moab, come find me and I'll let you try them.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Also spend the money on quality connectors. The amazon ones are not the greatest... I have pulled the ones off my fans and ran butt joints. I'm bringing extras for the light wiring if needed...

ashman

What's a pigeonrat??
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Yeah, I have some of those. Need to source better ones. I actually did my ls swap using all OEM connectors from the junkyard. They work out pretty well so long as you can take them apart, and find all the sizes you need.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nut and bolt check done, it drives really nice and tight right now... Except for wanting to catch on fire and running out of fuel she is good to go. I probably won't get a few things done but that is ok I can make it work.

I really need to figure out how to make 4low work with the terminator x..

mrk5

The Sticker Guy
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Author
Reaction score
Yeah, I have some of those. Need to source better ones. I actually did my ls swap using all OEM connectors from the junkyard. They work out pretty well so long as you can take them apart, and find all the sizes you need.
This is the kit I started with: https://www.ebay.com/itm/330792034797 A good quality crimper is key. I like the one in my link because it does both crimps at the same time. It also has the de-pinning tool.

Babaganoosh

1 ton status
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the early 73-80 hood latches work on the 91 core support? I don't want to run a hood release cable anymore, or at least the factory spot. Might be able to run a short one say under somewhere hidden but if it ever catches fire I'm the only one that would know.

Top Bottom