1984 K5 oil and water temp sending units, where...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben Malinski, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. Ben Malinski

    Ben Malinski Guest

    I had to install a 305 while the 454 gets rebuilt. Been trying to rebuild it for 7 months now! Difficult to do in Korea! Anyway, the 305 needs oil and water sending units. Where exactly would the water temp sending unit screw into on the block as well as the oil pressure sending unit? Been running without either thinking the 454 would be installed already. So I don't have any to remove and replace which would have been a simple R/R job. Thanks!

    POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

    Mar 4, 2001
    Likes Received:
    The coolant temp unit will go into the head, the oil is on top at the left rear of the block right behind the intake manifold.
  3. Ben Malinski

    Ben Malinski Guest

Share This Page