CK5 Network
Repairing, restoring or modifying your ride just got a whole lot easier!

1988 gmc 2500 overland build

Blue85

Yooper
Premium Member
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
This also happened as i pulled in my driveway. Never seen this happen before
Sorry, didn't go back and read the whole thread. If the shock isn't otherwise worn out, this could probably be welded back together quickly. If the shock is fully extended, heat probably isn't a big issue. If not, maybe wrap the the rod with a wet rag near the shock seals?

kbclamper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't go back and read the whole thread. If the shock isn't otherwise worn out, this could probably be welded back together quickly. If the shock is fully extended, heat probably isn't a big issue. If not, maybe wrap the the rod with a wet rag near the shock seals?
It didnt break. It actually unthreaded. I put some red loctite on it and threaded it back together. The shocks have about 5k miles on them and i know they are short but i have custom kings in the garage waiting till i have time to fab up mounts or pay a shop

Wes Harden

3/4 ton status
Premium Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Whose springs are in the front? I know it is in this thread I read it once, so many references to springs I can't keep'm straight. Those look really stout, how is the ride on those.

kbclamper

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whose springs are in the front? I know it is in this thread I read it once, so many references to springs I can't keep'm straight. Those look really stout, how is the ride on those.
They are ORD customs front and back. They ride so much better than the 2" ez rides i had on there before. The ez rides were a big upgrade from stock but these blow both of them away on or off road. The rear does sit too high though so i have to figure that out

Top Bottom