CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1988 R10

scoots1967

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finally wrapped up the dual exhaust, I can see why people would pay to have this done as opposed to diy. Used the OEM pipe to manifold flange and ran new pipe to the cats and muffler after which the pieces from the kit took it over the axle and dumped it out the sides. When removing the Y collector I used force instead of heat on one side, ended up paying for it, then broke the bit while drilling for an easy out lol.

View attachment 388964

For the DS a different inlet configuration on the muffler would have given me a straight pipe run, but it works.

View attachment 388961

PS required some bends to clear the transfer case on one side and fuel/brake lines on the other. I wrapped it for peace of mind.

View attachment 388966

Made a bracket to support power steering, brake and vacuum hoses and the hood release cable (need new one).

View attachment 388968

View attachment 388969

Replaced heater core due to old one leaking, should have done this when I had the front end apart the first time. :doah:

View attachment 388970

Got the parking brake cables hooked up. Pretty happy about that one, stock sub cable in front and rear cables for rear 14b later model not bolt on. Only extra tuition was rockauto listing different lengths for the front, had to reorder that.

View attachment 388971

Starting to put some miles on it.

View attachment 388972
Any chance you have experience with Magnaflow??? I saw you have Dynomax I'd like something quieter than the Magnaflow

joshuak

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any chance you have experience with Magnaflow??? I saw you have Dynomax I'd like something quieter than the Magnaflow

Unfortunately no and only limited experience with Dynomax, these two 2.25” and the 3” I had put on first. I’m wondering if the model doesn’t matter just as much as the brand, these duals are louder IMO. I think they both came from summit, so the 2.25” are ultra flo and the 3” is super turbo.

Edit: product description says super turbo is quieter.

Last edited:

joshuak

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was under the rig looking around and found this pin hole on the supply fuel line.

62BBE17F-A517-4276-A758-90351D139385.jpeg

Planning on replacing the line but would like to band aid it until then.

Has someone had luck cutting at the pin hole, sliding fuel hose over both ends and hose clamping? Maybe JB weld?

swettysblazer

Swetty The Yeti
Vendor
GMOTM Winner
Reaction score
Was under the rig looking around and found this pin hole on the supply fuel line.

View attachment 389128

Planning on replacing the line but would like to band aid it until then.

Has someone had luck cutting at the pin hole, sliding fuel hose over both ends and hose clamping? Maybe JB weld?

Yes. It's only about 15 psi, at the high end. Honestly I would cut the bad section out, run a length of rubber fuel rated hose, and double clamp it on both ends just to be sure. I did this on the wheeling rig to get me out of a bind and it's still there after 2-3 years :whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

scoots1967

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no and only limited experience with Dynomax, these two 2.25” and the 3” I had put on first. I’m wondering if the model doesn’t matter just as much as the brand, these duals are louder IMO. I think they both came from summit, so the 2.25” are ultra flo and the 3” is super turbo.

Edit: product description says super turbo is quieter.
Thank you

joshuak

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuel line repaired.

IMG_1567.JPG

Sanded to clean metal, primed then painted the line as well as I could. Then a simple flare on either end.

IMG_1564.JPG

Other side was easy, I was able to remove the line and work on it comfortably.

IMG_1566.JPG

Just need to go back and reattach the clamps, waiting for them to dry.

IMG_E1578.JPG

joshuak

1/2 ton status
Premium Member
Reaction score
No bumpstop mounts on the 2wd frame, so money whipped some up. Used timbren pn a520-75, similar to the Zimmer’s Maiden, limited uptravel to 4” based on this thread.

9E5DDE89-19A8-4AFB-A5F6-5A92475CB0AB.jpeg

If it would have had factory mounts, I would have kissed it (Kept It Simple Stupid).

5EBD3FB0-1EEE-454F-B3F7-29FB5F944F6C.jpeg

Top Bottom