CK5 Network
Become a member of the largest online community for Chevy K5 Blazer, Suburban and C/K series truck owners!

1989 Camaro RS

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hit up a pull-a-part today and scored 3 t-top latch bushings, the two trim pieces on the front of the b-pillar in good shape and the mounts and hardware to put sun visors back in my car. Even had the vanity mirror! And a good passenger side wiper arm.

20210611_141126.jpg

USSkoval

Thornbirds look cool... Yeah, I said it
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, the latch bushings changed designs a few times over the years. Besides the earlier hook style, there were two different pin types. Iirc, the pin type changed in '89.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fwiw, the latch bushings changed designs a few times over the years. Besides the earlier hook style, there were two different pin types. Iirc, the pin type changed in '89.
I wasn't aware of that. I know these are the pin type and looked identical to mine from the outside. I'll verify this evening. Good info!

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Laid the original grill up against my old tires. It crumbled over the last few days....

20210612_184420.jpg

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the grill painted yesterday evening and the rest of my wheel bearings should be here today. Hopefully I can get it back together and take it on a test drive this evening or tomorrow.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
Took the Camaro to the most local 1/8th mile track Friday. Did better than expected.

10.87 @ 64.5mph

They are pretty lax on rules so the kids got to ride along for a couple passes. My buddy with the Ranchero was there too. He was about a tenth quicker than me. I started giving him a hard time about swapping his rear gears then saying he wanted to run me stock for stock. :D

It was a good time though. I need to find a 3.23 rear diff now.

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
My buddy did a 4th gen rear end swap in the 80s camaro he built in order to get gears and a posi. Not sure what's all involved.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
My buddy did a 4th gen rear end swap in the 80s camaro he built in order to get gears and a posi. Not sure what's all involved.
The 4th Gen axles are wider. I don't think I would be able to run oe wheels. However some research reveals that I have two 28spl 10b at Dad's so I could use the gears and posi from a later axle.in my housing with the axles from one of those cars. So now we go searching!

Truckman4life

3/4 Ton Status
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah if I remember correctly he had aftermarket wheels off an s10 that had more backspacing so it worked out right for him.

TerryD

Mildly demented...
Premium Member
Reaction score
No updates recently. You been driving this thing I hope?
Sadly no. My weekends have been funny of quad projects and I've had two disabled quads in front of the garage door until yesterday.

And right now I've got the GMC on stands rebuilding the oil cooler system.

Top Bottom