Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 hour job turned into a week so far!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by The85k5, Apr 4, 2002.

1. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

Well you'd think a intake manifold on a 85 k5 would be easy right? WRONG! smog sucks! theirs gotta be 30 different little hoses on this sucker and it seems like everything is going wrong, well i got the intake on, timing set the last thing now which has turned into a pain in the ass is trying to get this new bracket for my OD and throttle to work. i couldnt get the old one off because my cruise control was hooked up to it and i couldnt cut it because it is too damn thick so i bent it out of the way, now i got the new shiny spectra one on and i had to cut it so i could bolt it on the carb (quad-ra-crap by the way) and now the brackets dont even line up...any one have any idea's, tips, or drugs to get me through this! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Robb

2. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Can you bend the old one back to normal? I feel your pain, I just swapped in a crate engine into my 85 and all that smog stuff is a pain. I also removed my cruise controll, didn't have any trouble taking that out.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I dont know how Ca laws are but Az is pretty strict. I got tired of playing with all those hoses so I removed them all but the EGR and the one going to the smog pump. 2 yrs so far of passing emissions tests and not a word. You might want to look into it.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Robb want me to come over and give you hand? LOL.. Took about 4 hours just to get the old intake off /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

i just got frusterated......i just gotta ghetto up some bracket to get my kickdown to work and it should be fine!.....knock on wood /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hey Robb...did you ever get it back together?

7. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

NOPE! not yet man.....havnt had any time because of work.....well and party's this weekend /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and the time i would have is too late at night and its too loud to do with the neighbors and all.....soon hopefully though! i really wanna go on the 21st

8. The85k5

The85k5 1/2 ton status

NOPE! not yet man.....havnt had any time because of work.....well and party's this weekend /forums/images/icons/smile.gif and the time i would have is too late at night and its too loud to do with the neighbors and all.....soon hopefully though! i really wanna go on the 21st